Monday, April 6, 2009

I'm a Grandmother!

Yes, the day finally came.  Little Ethan Michael has joined our world.  I wasn't totally conscious when I was called the morning of the fourth.  It is my understanding little Ethan took his time coming into the world.  She was in labor over 24 hours. But do you blame him?  There he was wrapped in a warm little place and then be pushed into a a freezing room.  It is kind of like being in a nice warm bed with the heating blanket on and having to get up into a freezing bedroom in the middle of winter and with snow falling outside.  I say the bed is better! lol  
The first pictures that were sent to me were of him just barely out of the womb.  Poor little guy he looked a bit distraught but he is definitely the cutest infant boy I have ever seen next to my own boys of course.  He looks a lot like the child I dreamt of all those nights before.  Only difference is that he had more hair in my dreams. I would give anything to hold him in my arms and tell him how much I love.  The pictures don't seem to come fast enough.  I am hoping that within the next two days or so I will see him on I chat.  My thoughts are a bit scattered at the moment.  When I look at pictures of that little one it is hard to believe he has a little part of me within him.  
By the way the name Ethan means Strength.  I pray that I can teach him to have love the Lord with all his Strength and to teach him what it means to be strong in the Lord.

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the whole coming out of a warm place - sucky! If I were Ethan, I would have just stayed in Angelina for the rest of my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is the strangest thing Stephanie has ever said.
    -Chris (not Becky)

    ReplyDelete