Today, still too cold to ski and Mike still in meetings we decided to go on a sleigh ride during his break. The sleigh was drawn by two horses. The young Aussi girl who directed the sleigh, was delightful. Of course we were bundled in our ski clothes. It is 10 F today. We had two wool blankets covering us. The ride took us to the end of the large Lake Louise. We saw the most spectacular site. We saw a frozen waterfall. It was absolutely beautiful. There was someone trying to climb it too. If I can figure out how to post pics when I get home I will post a pic of that waterfall. The ride took one hour and we had a wonderful time.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
A Baby and A Sleigh Ride
Kind of strange for a title isn't. But those two gave me big smiles. Last night at dinner we sat at the table with a couple that had a little baby girl. She was three months old and was three months premature. So at three months she was very tiny. Must have been the size Stephanie was when she was born. Stephanie too was tiny. This little girl was absolutely beautiful. I had the honor of holding her for a about half an hour. When I talked to her her eyes looked straight into mine. She seemed to be listening intently to me or at least interested in me. She had the most beautiful big eyes and the tiniest perfect hands with the tiniest perfect fingernails. She fussed a bit when she got hungry, but she never cried. I then put her on my shoulder and very very gently rubbed her little head. She fell right to sleep. What female doesn't love to have her head rubbed. I believe that is why hairdressers exist. Women just love to have their hair and heads messed with. Well she wasn't any different. I wonder if baby boys like it too. I can't wait to find out. My grandson should be about 2 1/2 lbs and 15 inches long by now. That is what info says. Anyway, holding that little one really made my day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awwww! How fun! X)
ReplyDelete