Summer comes complete with lots of action. As I look out the window these days I see some very happy flower plants. That would not be the roses and lilies that have been clobbered by the deer lol , but the peonies and other flowers that the deer don't enjoy munching in. There are two Grouse (they are big black and blue birds that have a horrible screachy sound ) and a couple of little squirrels clobbering the cherries on my cherry tree. Outside my bedroom window there is a nesting Robin. The robin is definitely my favorite. She sits there all day long. From time to time she will leave the nest but for very very short spurts. I have wondered what she thinks about all day. Sometimes I see her get up and look inside the nest. Probably checking to see if her little eggs are ok. Then it looks like she moves them around with her beak. Watching her take such good care of her little ones fills me with joy. God often talks about how He takes care of his creation.
Speaking of creation I miss my little grandson. My daughter-in-law had to go back to work. My heart goes out to her. I know how difficult it is to leave little Ethan all day long. God created us to take care of, watch over and protect our young ones like that little robin in the nest. But I also know that God will be watching over and protecting the lovely lady to who taking care of him and Ethan will always be happy to see his mom when she gets home. I was able to see Ethan on internet yesterday. He has grown so much since I last saw him. You should see how he holds his head up by himself now. I haven't seen him laugh yet but I know he smiled at me. He looks directly at the computer screen now.
On that note I encourage you to take the time and smell the roses if the deer hasn't gotten to them yet lol and when you do think about the great beauty God has created for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment